We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Undo on FormulaCells

It appears that undo does not work with FormulaCells. I created a new application with a GridControl and all FormulaCells, typed 1 into a cell, and undo did not do anything. Is this true, and if so, what do you suggest?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 06:44 PM UTC

The Formula cell does not generate any special undo information. So if all you want to handle the undo on is your user typing into cells, this might work. In our UndRedoSample, I added gridControl1.TableStyle.CellType = "FormulaCell" and was able to type into cells and undo these actions. If you want to handle undoing special actions like copying and pasting with auto reference updating, this this will be a problem. Exactly what is it you are trying to do, and what is failing?

TA Tom Abraham April 4, 2005 06:53 PM UTC

I need full undo support that the GridControl normally provides without FormulaCells. We will be copying/pasting and needing to be able to undo pastes.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 07:48 PM UTC

You would have to identify the missing support you want to have, and then add your own custom commands to handle this. Here is a forum thread with a sample of deriving a custom command. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/Uploads/VirtGridCustomUndo_270.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon