We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Symbol Selection

When I click in the diagram I have discovered that symbols gets selected even when I click outside of symbols own boundaries, i.e if I click 50 pixels right of a symbol the symbol still gets selected. This is only a problem on the right side, if I click above,left or under the symbol it behavies ok, it only gets selected when I click on the symbol border. I have check the selected symbol boundaries in the diagram_SelectionChanged event handler and they it looks ok, it''s far away from the location I clicked so I can''t understand how it could be selected. I have tried to reproduce it in the Diagram Builder sample but there it seems to behave ok. Any ideas how I can track down this problem? Which event handler is responsible for doing the actual symbol select based on mouse localion? Best Regards Tommy Norman

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 03:31 PM UTC

Hi Tommy, If this problem happens when using MeasurementUnits other than the default Pixel value, then you might want to hold off till you get the new 3.2 version of Essential Diagram. There was a problem computing Symbol bounds when using Inches and other non-Pixel units, that was very recently fixed. However, if this happens when using the Pixel mode, then it is likely to be something that is specific to your symbol. The best way to test this issue is by placing a breakpoint in the Diagram Controller''s OnMouseDown handler and stepping into the call to the View.GetNodesAtPoint(...) method. The Controller.cs file can be found under the ''Diagram.Base\Src\Object Hierarchy\'' folder in your Essential Suite install. Let me know if you require further assistance on this issue. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

TN Tommy Norman April 5, 2005 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, I found the reason for the behaviour. It was the SymbolLabel object boundaries that caused the hit, and the reason was that I had set predefined a width on the label object even if it was empty and invisible. It''s now fixed. Thanks alot Prakash for the tip. Best Regards Tommy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon