We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hierarchical Grid: Binder.AddRelation returns null

Hi, why does the call to Binder.AddRelation fail and return null? The call to _showing.getChildren() returns a Dataset with 2 tables ("parent" & "child") and 1 relation ("parentchild"). Greets Matthias snippet_4394.zip

3 Replies

MK Matthias Klein April 4, 2005 09:46 AM UTC

Looks like the problems are docking related. When have the grid (or the panel it''s on) to EnableDocking=false it works. I opened a Direct-Trac for that. I let u know if I can get it to work. Greets Matthias

JB John Boero January 2, 2006 04:16 PM UTC

I know this post is old, but I just noticed the same problem in 4.1. My problem is I don''t plan on giving up the docking ability to fix a relation problem. Is there some other way to access relations in docking controls? Someone please advise. John >Looks like the problems are docking related. When have the grid (or the panel it''s on) to EnableDocking=false it works. > >I opened a Direct-Trac for that. I let u know if I can get it to work. > >Greets >Matthias

JB John Boero January 2, 2006 05:03 PM UTC

I see it works to set up relations first and enable docking afterwards. The grid must be added to the form''s controls before its relations are added. This must be a .NET issue. >I know this post is old, but I just noticed the same problem in 4.1. My problem is I don''t plan on giving up the docking ability to fix a relation problem. Is there some other way to access relations in docking controls? > >Someone please advise. >John

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon