We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl

Hi, i habe a MouseMove Event in my GCC. But doesn''t get fired when I move the mouse over it. What''s the problem ? TIA

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2005 01:13 PM UTC

Try using this event. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.MouseMove Exactly what are you trying to do? There may be a better place to do it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2005 04:35 PM UTC

I am trying to rebuild the kb article about the tooltips for a grid. I changed the event like you mentioned. Now it gets fired but the tooltip won''t show. Any ideas ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2005 04:50 PM UTC

The easiest way do tips, you can dynamically set style.Celltiptext in the QueryCellStyleInfo handler. Will this do what you need?
private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordFieldCell
		|| e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordFieldCell)
	{
		GridRecordRow grr = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridRecordRow;
		if(grr != null)
		{
			e.Style.CellTipText = grr.ParentRecord.GetValue("Description").ToString();
		}
	}

//or just setting e.Style.CellTipText = e.TableCellIdentity.Info is informative as well
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2005 07:41 AM UTC

Thanks, that did the trick but is it possible to have varying Tooltips from cell to cell ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2005 07:52 AM UTC

You are free to conditionally set e.Style.CellTipText = ??????? based on whatever criteria youwant. This can vary from cell to cell or even moment to moment based on what logic you implement. The e.TableCellIdentity has lots of information about the cell/record that allow you to implement logic to conditionally set the CellTipText.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2009 02:39 PM UTC

Hi,
I have a problem. I use QueryCellStyleInfo to show the tool tip but when I open my grid (which is in a form) the second and so on times the tooltip disappear. I mean it work only for the first time I open the from with the grid after my client is up.

What is wrong with the grid? what can I do?

Thanks
Viki

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 18, 2009 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Viki,

Thank you for posting query to us.

I have tested the tooltip issue in the following sample and it is working fine as expected. Please see the sample:

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Grid.Windows/F26777.zip

If still issue exists, please reproduce the issue in the below sample or provide us a sample having the issue. So that we could provide you a better solution based on it.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon