We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing CellType Using QueryCellInfo

I am trying to change the CellType to "ComboBox" and DisplayMember, ValueMember using GridBoundGrid.Model.QueryCellInfo Event. The Code in the Event just run once (depending on a bool value) If RunOnce Then ''Change to ComboBox The problem is when the Cell activate it return to its previous style (The ComboBox arrow disappear) I am trying to change a single cell to ComboBox depending on another cell value Using Essential Suite 3.0.1.0

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2005 02:05 PM UTC

You cannot run code once in QueryCellInfo and change a cell type. The code must be run every time through QueryCellInfo in order for the change to take effect. (Doing something in QueryCellInfo does not ''store'' the change anywhere. It has to be constantly reset every time QuerycellInfo is called.) Try removing your ''one-time check" code, and just let the code be hit all the time to see if this handles the problem you are seeing.

BE Bassam El-Shafie March 30, 2005 03:03 PM UTC

Ok I got the point although not my needs, I will try the spaghetti ways :) Thanks for the reply. Regards, Bassam

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon