We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

String compare ?

I''ve been searching over the eval docs looking for a way to do a simple string comparison, like .Net string.Compare, but I''m not seeing it. I could add it, but seems like something I might have missed.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2005 02:20 AM UTC

In Essential Calculate, strings need to be enclosed in parenthesis. For example, in the \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Calculate.Windows\Samples\DataGridCalculator, if you load the single DataGrid sample and type the string abc in cell A3, then you can type = A3="abc" into the textbox and press Compute, you will see the logical value TRUE displayed. So, you can use the logical operators to compare strings as long as any constant strings in the expression are enclosed in parens. Please note that in 3.0.1.0, the order returned by < and > are switched (ie. "a" > "b" returns true). This has been changed for the upcoming 3.2 release.

BT Byron Tate July 14, 2005 05:43 PM UTC

you mean that strings must be inclosed in quotes, not ''parentheses'' , right?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2005 11:39 PM UTC

Yes. Double quotes.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon