We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

String compare ?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

26535 Mar 24,2005 11:31 AM Jul 14,2005 07:39 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Calculate
Brad King
Asked On March 24, 2005 11:31 AM

I''ve been searching over the eval docs looking for a way to do a simple string comparison, like .Net string.Compare, but I''m not seeing it. I could add it, but seems like something I might have missed.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 24, 2005 09:20 PM

In Essential Calculate, strings need to be enclosed in parenthesis. For example, in the \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Calculate.Windows\Samples\DataGridCalculator, if you load the single DataGrid sample and type the string abc in cell A3, then you can type = A3="abc" into the textbox and press Compute, you will see the logical value TRUE displayed. So, you can use the logical operators to compare strings as long as any constant strings in the expression are enclosed in parens. Please note that in 3.0.1.0, the order returned by < and > are switched (ie. "a" > "b" returns true). This has been changed for the upcoming 3.2 release.

Byron Tate
Replied On July 14, 2005 01:43 PM

you mean that strings must be inclosed in quotes, not ''parentheses'' , right?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 14, 2005 07:39 PM

Yes. Double quotes.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;