We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus & MDI Forms

I have an MDI application that can display two types of forms - I''ll call them ChildA & ChildB. ChildA & ChildB have some toolbars that are, by default, not set to be visible. However, I allow menu customization so the user can turn them on. My issue is that when ChildA is the active window, ChildB''s toolbars are visible but empty (not buttons). I''ve done WriteLine''s and I can''t find any property on either the MDI parent or the child forms that indicate that these child toolbars are visible. I even look at bar.BarStyle and it doesn''t have the BarStyle.Visible bit set when the toolbars added via user customization ARE ACTUALLY visible. So, basically, I''d like to make ChildB''s toolbars invisible when ChildA is the active form and vice versa. How do I do this??

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2005 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Lori, The Bar class is not a true Control, so it doesn''t have information on it''s display state. To access the Control that corresponds to a Bar, please use MainFrameBarManager.GetBarControl(). This method will return a Control that will have various properties that allow you to detect and modify it''s appearance, including the Visible property you''re looking for. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

LS Lori S. Pearsall March 23, 2005 07:02 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, Thanks for the info. The Visible property and the SetBarVisibility method not only controls whether the bar is currently visible, it also affects the persisted state as well. Is there a separate property that tells me what the current persisted state is that wouldn''t be affected by me setting Visible on and off? Or, is that something that I''ll need to record myself? Also, there seems to be a lot of methods and properties that aren''t documented in the Class Reference document regarding XPMenus!! (I using Version 2.1.0.9).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2005 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Lori, XPMenus has limited support for directly controlling the persistance of customization information. Keeping track of the information yourself would be the best course of action. Regarding the documentation, we''re in the process of improving it and expect to have it ready for the next release. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon