We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Floating cell values.

I have a GDBG with the columns containing long text messages. Is there a way to setup my GDBG column properties in such a way that when I hoover mouse over that column ( when not whole text is visiable ) the floating box will appear with the complete string in it.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2005 07:11 PM UTC

I think I found a way to accomplish what I''m after. Thanks. >I have a GDBG with the columns containing long text messages. >Is there a way to setup my GDBG column properties in such a way that when I hoover mouse over that column ( when not whole text is visiable ) the floating box will appear with the complete string in it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2005 07:15 PM UTC

There are no property setting you can use to do this. But you can handl ethe PrepareViewViewStyleInfo event, and dynamically set the CellTipText there to display a cell tip when the mouse hovers over a cell.
private void gridDataBoundGrid1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.ColIndex > 0 && e.RowIndex > 0)
		e.Style.CellTipText = e.Style.Text;
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon