We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Intercepting Ctrl-C in a datagrid

I have a grid with a boolean and a text field I have a problem in that when I have done ''Select(n)'' to select a row and i press Ctrl-C i get the text for the whole row My clipboard ends up like this: true This is the text I want it to just copy the text from one cell. In other words I want to interept Ctrl-C but cannot figure it out. I''ve tried overriding some of the key events etc. but cant quite get it working. the system ctrl-c takes precedence! how can i intercept it

2 Replies

RA ramnadh March 28, 2005 06:03 AM UTC

Hi, Override the ProcessCmdKey(ref Message msg,Keys keydata) in the custom grid you are developing and catch the event Ctrl + C by writing the code if(keyData == (Keys.Control | Keys.C)){ //Do processing as you need and return //true } after writing the logic which you want in the Ctrl + C block return it to true, so the system Ctrl + C won''t be handled. Regards, Ramnadh. >I have a grid with a boolean and a text field > >I have a problem in that when I have done ''Select(n)'' to select a row and i press Ctrl-C i get the text for the whole row > >My clipboard ends up like this: > >true This is the text > >I want it to just copy the text from one cell. In other words I want to interept Ctrl-C but cannot figure it out. > >I''ve tried overriding some of the key events etc. but cant quite get it working. the system ctrl-c takes precedence! > >how can i intercept it

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 11:20 AM UTC

>I have a grid with a boolean and a text field > >I have a problem in that when I have done ''Select(n)'' to select a row and i press Ctrl-C i get the text for the whole row > >My clipboard ends up like this: > >true This is the text > >I want it to just copy the text from one cell. In other words I want to interept Ctrl-C but cannot figure it out. > >I''ve tried overriding some of the key events etc. but cant quite get it working. the system ctrl-c takes precedence! > >how can i intercept it

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon