We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

grid Find does not work if ...

Hi, I have a read-only grid where: 1. ListBoxSelectionMode=SelectionMode.One 2. I reset the e.colIndex=0 in _CurrentCellActivating event. I needed to implement the ''find'' logic to search for a text in a specific column (ie, col 2). The find routine does not work in this case. If I take the ''e.colIndex=0'' out, then it''s ok. I even tried this in the examples that I''ve found in this forum, and the behavior is the same. What is the work-around for this? Thanks, TA

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 08:18 PM UTC

Setting e.ColIndex = 0 in CurrentCellActivating is preventing the current cell from being on any cell except the 0 column (or row header). So, if you want to have teh current cell anywhere else, you will not be able to set it to zero. There are other ways to highlight th ewhole row. One is illustrated in this sample, an dit allows you to have a currentcell at some place other than column 0. \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\HighlightCurrentRow

TA Tim Aquino March 17, 2005 08:45 PM UTC

Hi, thnx for the prompt reply. However, we are still on v2.1.0.9. How do I highlight/select the current row in this version (if not using the trick of setting the colIndex=0)? thanks, >Setting e.ColIndex = 0 in CurrentCellActivating is preventing the current cell from being on any cell except the 0 column (or row header). > >So, if you want to have teh current cell anywhere else, you will not be able to set it to zero. There are other ways to highlight th ewhole row. One is illustrated in this sample, an dit allows you to have a currentcell at some place other than column 0. > >\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\HighlightCurrentRow

TA Tim Aquino March 17, 2005 09:38 PM UTC

Never mind... I already found a work-around. Here''s what I did: 1. I added another field in my datasource (same field as the column that I wanted to do search on) 2. I set this field to be hidden, and set the colIndex to this field in the CurrentCellActivating event. 3. I do my search on the hidden column. Thanks, >Hi, > >thnx for the prompt reply. However, we are still on v2.1.0.9. How do I highlight/select the current row in this version (if not using the trick of setting the colIndex=0)? > >thanks, > > >>Setting e.ColIndex = 0 in CurrentCellActivating is preventing the current cell from being on any cell except the 0 column (or row header). >> >>So, if you want to have teh current cell anywhere else, you will not be able to set it to zero. There are other ways to highlight th ewhole row. One is illustrated in this sample, an dit allows you to have a currentcell at some place other than column 0. >> >>\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\HighlightCurrentRow

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon