We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Calendar Cell in a GDBG

I have emailed sample code that demonstrates a problem I have encountered. After the user clicks the date cell and activates the calendar control, the user cannot select a button that is not on the grid unless first selecting a non-calendar cell in the grid first. We are using version 1.0.5.0 of the grid. Ken

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 01:24 AM UTC

You should probably update as version 1.0.5.0 is really dated by now. Try this. In your datetime picker renderer''s constructor, subscribe to the grid''s Leave event. grid.Leave += new EventHandler(grid_Leave); Then in the event handler, end the editing on the cell.
private void grid_Leave(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	this.Grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit();
}

SG Steve Graddy March 17, 2005 02:51 PM UTC

Clay, Ken Johnson and I are co-developers on same project. I just wanted to update with you that our current version in this application is Essential Suite v2.0.5.0 not the v1.0.5.0 as originally stated. We do own the latest Essential Suite Enterprise code but we are in the late beta stages of this project and feel we can not replace the current controls with 3.0 right now. I am going look further into this problem and may even contact you by phone if possible. Steve Graddy VP Buildings, Inc.

SG Steve Graddy March 17, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Clay, I am opening a Direct-Trac case about this problem. I am still having problems so I would like to escalate the support on this condition. Please refer to this forum for the history. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=26211 Steve Graddy VP Buildings, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 04:26 PM UTC

I only have access to 2.1.0.9 currently. With that version, adding Binder.EndEdit moves the changes back to your datatable when you click the button. I drop a windows forms datagrid on your sample and set it to use the same DaatSource to verify that the changes were pushed back to the datatable when you clicked the button. Here is the sample that I used. It also has a handler for clicking the form''s close button. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GridTest_3180c40b.zip

SG Steve Graddy March 17, 2005 05:13 PM UTC

Clay, I still have v2.1.0.9 loaded on my laptop so I am going to try your sample and see what happens.Thanks... Steve Graddy VP Buildings, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon