We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl CheckBox CellType problem

Hi, I''m using Grid Control (version 3.0.1.0) and having a problem with the checkbox grid cells. This is how I set up the checkbox grid cells: grid.TableStyle.CheckBoxOptions = new GridCheckBoxCellInfo(true.ToString(), false.ToString(), "", true) grid[i,j].CellType = "CheckBox" grid[i,j].CellValueType = typeof(bool) grid[i,j].CellValue = someBoolVar Initially the checkbox cellvalue has type of boolean. After a few clicks on the checkbox, the checkbox cellvalue change to type String. Note: everytime I check/uncheck the checkbox, I save the changed value back to the data object. I tried to create a sample to demonstrate the problem without success. Thanks

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2005 06:43 PM UTC

Is this a virtual grid where you are handling QuerycellInfo/SaveCellInfo to interact with your data object? If not, when you tried to reproduce this in a sample, did you have the same grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior setting in your sample as in your real project? What events are you handling in your grid? If you can upload a sample, we can try to spot the problem?

KP Khoi Phan March 15, 2005 09:26 PM UTC

Hi Clay, I''m using the Syncfusion GridControl. I tried to create a sample similar to the real project. But I was not able to reproduce to problem. Please take a look at this sample and hopefully you can determine why the grid change its cellvalue type from boolean to string after the checkboxes being clicked on/off a few times. The post button doesn''t seem to work. It said "Server too busy". I can''t post the sample project.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2005 09:48 PM UTC

You can send your sample to support@syncfusion.com and mention this forum thread in the subject line.

KP Khoi Phan March 15, 2005 10:27 PM UTC

I''ve sent an email with sample project attached to support@syncfusion.com

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2005 01:03 AM UTC

I could not see this problem in your sample either. One thing I noticed is that you did not set CellValueType. In your real application where you see the problem, do you have code like: this.gridControl1.ColStyles[SEP].CellValueType = typeof(bool);

KP Khoi Phan March 16, 2005 05:36 PM UTC

I''ve come up w/ a workaround for it and it seemed to work fine. Thanks Clay, Khoi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon