We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merging XPMenus

I''m having difficulty with menu merging XPMenus, I have the following forms: frmMain (MDI container) has the following menus and merge orders: File (0) View (5) Tools (10) Window (30) Help (31) frmFlowsheet (MDI child) has the following menus and merge orders: File (0) Edit (1) View (5) Data (7) Tools (10) frmUnits (MDI child) has the following menus and merge orders: File (0) Edit (1) All merge types are set to Add. The merging works just fine with only one type of MDI child open. If I open both types, the captions for the "Tools" and "View" menus in the frmUnits window are set to empty strings. The menus are still there (i.e. clicking in the blank space brings down the proper menu). Any idea why this is happening? It is just the frmUnits, clicking back into the frmFlowsheet window, all menus appear as they should. Thanks, Dave Taylor Process Engineering Resources, Inc.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2005 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Dave, I''ve attempted to reproduce this problem and have been unable to do so. What version are you using? Also, do you have a sample that demonstrates this problem? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

DT Dave Taylor March 15, 2005 08:40 PM UTC

I''m using version 3.0.1.0. I have solved the problem by including both the View and Tools menu (i.e. ParentBarItem) on the frmUnits, even though they have no BarItems in them. I''m not sure why this is necessary, but hey it works! Thanks Dave Taylor

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon