We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MDI parent.. vs DLL Child

I have a MDI parent & 2 child forms in the same project. All the menus and toolbars merge properly when the Child shows up. There is a third child that is developed as a DLL by another developer who is using a childframebar manager to organize menus & toolbars, when this Child form opens in my MDI the Toolbars merge properly, but the Menu does not. I have the File menu 2 times. How do I solve this problem?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, The most likely explanation is that the MergeOrder of the BarItems are set incorrectly in the DLL. In order to Merge, two BarItems must have the same MergeOrder in addition to MergeType being correct. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

VB Vijay Balkrishnan March 11, 2005 05:47 PM UTC

Hi Greg, The Merge type is set to Add and Order is zero for both menus, and the name is mnuFile, and text is File for both. Thanks VJ >Hi Vijay, > > The most likely explanation is that the MergeOrder of the BarItems are set incorrectly in the DLL. In order to Merge, two BarItems must have the same MergeOrder in addition to MergeType being correct. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, If either the Main or Child BarItem has a MergeType of Add, then merging will not occur. I would recommend taking a look at our online documentation on BarItems Merging. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

VB Vijay Balkrishnan March 11, 2005 07:51 PM UTC

But Why does it work for Forms within same project. I have the same ADD/ADD setting for forms within my project VJ

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon