We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formula Cell -- GridDataboundGrid

Hi Clay, I am binding the GridDataboundGrid to an arraylist with one columns celltype set to "FormulaCell". I would like to store the computed value of the cell in one of the public properties of the object contained in the arraylist. I just downloaded one of the samples from ur KB:Q10439 - Info: How do I have formula cells in a GirdDataBoundGrid?. There were two events (GridQueryCellInfo, GridSaveCellInfo) used to retrieve & save the formula tag. Are these two events required in version 3.0.1.0. ? Regards Vinay

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 01:01 PM UTC

Yes.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 01:04 PM UTC

Yes. Otherwise, your formulas will be recomputed form scratch everytime the cell is painted or used in any manner. This normally slows things down, and can cause some flickering. This will be avoided if you use QueryCellInfo and SaveCellInfo to provide and cache the formula tags.

VI Vinay March 11, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for help. Can i get the computed value of the cell in the GridSaveCellInfo event. Regards, Vinay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 01:45 PM UTC

e.Style.FormulaTag.Text property should show the computed value in SaveCellInfo.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon