We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple images in a single column

Previously I was doing this using an embedded grid control in the column and then just using a single row with multiple columns (one for each image). By removing the grid lines this ooked perfect. However after doing some memory load testing it became obvious that this was a poor solution. When loading in a couple of thousand rows the memory load became way to large. Is there a better (less memory) way to display multiple images (icons or bitmaps) in a single column?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2003 03:16 PM UTC

One other solution would be to derive your own cell control that just displayed the bitmaps. Take a look at the ImageCellModel and ImageCellRenderer classes that are part of the Grid\Samples\In Depth\ExcelMarker sample. They derive from the static celltype and display a bitmap in a cell. I think all you would need to do is to modify the OnDraw to draw a series of bitmaps in a row of rectangles instead of one bitmap into the whole cell rect. The hard part of doing this would be to determine (somehow) what bitmaps should be drawn. But I assume you had to come up with some scheme for your grid solution. Maybe the same scheme will work for you image cell solution.

CC Charles Carlin February 3, 2003 06:03 PM UTC

Excellent suggestion. I was easily able to use the ImageGridCell and modify it to display a list of images. Plus it is much more memory friendly then keeping an extra grid control per row around.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon