We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DirectedLinkTool and symbol rotation

Hello, When I create a link between two symbols with the DirectedLinkTool the tool deactivates it self as soon as the link is completed. I would like to keep the tool active till I press the select tool, how can acomplish this? When I rotate a symbol with the rotation tool I need to get out the number of degrees the symbol rotated. The RotateEventArgs in the diagram_NodeRotated event handler doesn''t seem to provide such information. How can I get hold of this information? Best Regards Tommy

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2005 11:30 PM UTC

Hi Tommy, The LinkTool class that the DirectedLinkTool uses is forcibly deactivated in response to the MouseUp event from within it''s MouseUpEventHandler. The only way you can avoid this behavior is by implementing a custom LinkTool class, that derives from the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Tool base and implements all of the functionality available in the LinkTool class, but retains the tool activation state even after the MouseUp event. Referring to the ''LinkTool.IMouseEventReceiver.MouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e)'' method in the ''Diagram.Base\Src\Tools\LinkTool.cs'' file will give you the necessary hints for implementing your custom LinkTool. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2005 11:42 PM UTC

Tommy, As for determining the angle through which a symbol is rotated, I am afraid there does not seem to be any way to access this value from the Diagram.NodeRotated event. I have logged this as a QA report, and we will update the NodeRotated event argument to provide the angle of rotation as well in a future update of Essential Diagram. For the time being, a workaround would be to either replace the RotateTool with a subclassed version of the Tool that notifies you of the rotation, or to override the Diagram.Controller.ExecuteCommand(ICommand cmd) method and examine whether the invoked ICommand object is of type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.RotateCmd'' and if so retrieve it''s RotateCmd.Degrees property. Thanks, Prakash

TN Tommy Norman March 10, 2005 09:08 AM UTC

Thanks Prakash, This will for sure help me alot. When can I expect the new release announced for sometime now? Best Regards Tommy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Tommy, We are currently working on weeding out some install/licensing related issues in the new Essential Suite image. Due to the nature of the problem, I am at a loss to predict a timeframe by which these issues will be sorted. But please be assured that we are working as hard as possible on this, and hope to get the new image out within the next few days. My apologies for the inconvenience. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion Inc.,

RD Richard Deverson March 1, 2006 10:25 AM UTC

I am revisiting this issue with Essential Studio 3.3.0.0. It seems that the RotateEventArgs parameter of the Diagram.NodeRotated event still does not contain the rotation angle. Prakash mentioned that this would be fixed in a "future" version. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon