We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formatting problems

I am having problems with an existing report written in vb.net / asp.net 2003 that we are trying to introduce ExcelRW into to utilize it''s Bolding capabilities. The Bolding works fine, however we are having great difficulties with writing subheaders onto the Excel spreadsheet. Is there an easy way to do this any help is greatly appreciated. The problem seems to be with the need to make the rom and column loop dynamic instaed of based on a constant i.e. when the form is submitted the query returns a different dataset every time and the row and column varibales need to be loaded dynamically instead of with constants as is seen in the examples we have. When we try to do this ExcelRW fails to load each record in a given loop sequentially i.e. FOR I TO DATATABLEROWCOUNT (say DATATABLEROWCOUNT equals ''30'' ExcelRW will only write the 30th record 30 times instead of records 1 thru 30.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2005 12:10 PM UTC

Hi S.Long, Could you please provide a sample demonstrating this issue in a winforms/webforms sample. I see no reason why there should be any problem in working with dynamic data. If its not possible to provide a sample, please provide the complete code snippet involving excelrw. Thanks, Stephen. >I am having problems with an existing report written in vb.net / asp.net 2003 that we are trying to introduce ExcelRW into to utilize it''s Bolding capabilities. The Bolding works fine, however we are having great difficulties with writing subheaders onto the Excel spreadsheet. Is there an easy way to do this any help is greatly appreciated. The problem seems to be with the need to make the rom and column loop dynamic instaed of based on a constant i.e. when the form is submitted the query returns a different dataset every time and the row and column varibales need to be loaded dynamically instead of with constants as is seen in the examples we have. When we try to do this ExcelRW fails to load each record in a given loop sequentially i.e. FOR I TO DATATABLEROWCOUNT (say DATATABLEROWCOUNT equals ''30'' ExcelRW will only write the 30th record 30 times instead of records 1 thru 30.

SL S. Long March 11, 2005 08:21 PM UTC

What you have asked for has been linked to Update Incident: 17272 and emailed to sales@syncfusion.com at Fri 3/11/2005 12:15 PM

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon