We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Autocomplete related question

Hi Folks, I have a autocomplete control I am using that returns a primary key I call intPK. I want to be able to locate the contactIDPK in my dataset dsContacts based on my intPK such that once there, a user can click ''next'' and ''previous'' and continue to manipulate thru the dataset. Perhaps a better description is to be able to locate the first ''Smith'' then be able to advance the pointer backwards or forwards past all “Smith”s to ''Smothers'', for example. I have tried a variety of techniques. I have no problem finding the record in the dataset either using a dataview or table.select(). But once I find the record I can’t locate a method for moving the pointer to the record in dsContacts and displaying the record on the screen. A row object returned by the dataview or select(), best I can tell, do not divulge the position in the dataset where it was located. It appears that all search/find methods of ADO are more geared to finding and editing a single record. I sure would appreciate any ideas you might have short of looping thru every record in the massive dataset. Thanks. Tom

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon