We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

gridgroupingcontrol and realtime data

I am showing financial securities data in a gridgroupingcontrol. I would like to add a column of realtime data (prices coming in from an outside feed). I may want to check for updates every 5 seconds, and update those values that have changed. Can you recommmend an approach for this? Should I directly update the cells that have changed, or update the underlying datatable? I may be showing up to 10,000 rows and 40 columns, with 3 levels of grouping. I would like to make the updates transparent to the users. Thanks, Brian

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2005 06:58 PM UTC

You should probably update the underlying DataTable. The grouping grid will automatically respond to these changes and update any groups/summaries that are affected by the changes. You could cache the changes in a 2nd dataset and then do a dataset.Merge to move the changes into teh grid''s datasource every so often.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2005 08:06 PM UTC

Thanks for the info. Should I wrap the changes to the table in a BeginUpdate/(update table)/EndUpdate/Refresh code block? Or just update the table and let the grid handle the rest? Thanks, Brian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2005 09:45 PM UTC

I have also noticed that the groupings do not update (they remain how they were originally grouped, even if that underlying column changes. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2005 12:07 AM UTC

If the data being updated is randomly distributed, I would just let the grid handle it. If the updated data is in large contiguous blocks, you might be able to get a little better performance using BeginUpdate/EndUpdate.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon