We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Threading Problems with ThemeColors

I believe I''ve tracked down the source of a random red X over the toolbars in our application. Version 2.1. We have a UI consisting of windows created in different STA threads. Each of these windows many have their own MainFrameBarManager. I''ve found that when a CommandBar paints, it first calls static methods MenuColors.UpdateMenuColors() and Office2003Colors.UpdateColors(). These in turn fire events in the original painting CommandBars thread to all other CommandBars in different threads w/o marshalling. These other CommandBars then invoke repainting in the incorrect thread. Is there any way to prevent these events from firing short of modifying the CommandBar code to marshal? I really don''t want to go down this road. I also want to stick with full XPMenu support over XPToolbar since it adds support for chevrons.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2005 09:51 PM UTC

Hi Brian, I''ll take a look into this and I hope to be able to update you on it tomorrow. In the mean time, if you have a sample available, please e-mail it to me at gregorya@syncfusion.com. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2005 07:58 PM UTC

Hi Brian, I''ve attempted to reproduce this problem and have been unable to do so. Is there anything special you''re doing other than creating multiple Forms? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2005 11:30 PM UTC

Yes. The forms are created in separate threads marked as STA. These other forms also host a MainFrameBarManager. >Hi Brian, > > I''ve attempted to reproduce this problem and have been unable to do so. Is there anything special you''re doing other than creating multiple Forms? > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Brian, I apologize for my question being vague. My intent was to ask for anything you''re doing in addition to marking the threads as STA. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 09:52 PM UTC

No problem. I''ll try and create a repro tomorrow. Should I just attach the zip to a post here? >Hi Brian, > > I apologize for my question being vague. My intent was to ask for anything you''re doing in addition to marking the threads as STA. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Yes, attaching a zip file here would be the best way to do it. However, if that doesn''t work you could send it directly to me at gregorya@syncfusion.com. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon