We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formatting individual rows in datagrid

I need some serious help before I punch my monitor. I have a datagrid that I''m trying to format certain rows with a bold font. I found Dr. Clay Burch''s article on the msdn knowledge base and I thought that was what I was finally looking for. The only problem is that it is way over my head. Basically, I am populating a datagrid with a datatable that I create on the fly. I am taking 14 tables from my database and making one HUGE table to fill the datagrid with. The datagrid will always have the same number of rows and columns. Basically I just need to display data in a spreadsheet format, it''s for an operating statement. I need to be able to have certain rows have a bold font because they are basically "header" rows for the data underneath. For example, I have a fringe benifits row that I need to be bold. Then after that row I will have 8 rows that will be indented a few spaces, this way fringe benefits sticks out and the fields that belong to fringe benefits are grouped underneath it. I know this has to be possible because in Dr. Clay Burch''s datagrid program it is setting the currently selected row to be bold. I just can''t figure out how to always set certain rows bold. For example, I want the first row to be bold because it is the "header" for the data underneath it. I really hope somebody can point me to an example or fill me in on how to accomplish this. It seems like it should be so easy to do this but alas, I have no idea how. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me. I''m really frustrated and have spend over 7 hours now trying to figure it out.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon