We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Regd---ScrollBars

Hi There, If displayed columns are more in a grid,say some 15 colums,scrollbars are necessary.If i try to move the scrollbar scrollbar is moving but form is not moving. Regards, Manohar.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2005 10:27 AM UTC

To make the grid dynamically redraw itself as you move the scroll thumb, set this property: grid.HorizontalThumbTrack = true; grid.VerticalThumbTrack = true;

MA manohar March 9, 2005 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Clay, After switching on these two properties I am able to scroll but I am facing some other problem.If the last column''s width is greater than the visible region scroll bar reaches the end even though the cell is not fully visible. Please advice. Regards, Manohar B.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2005 04:08 PM UTC

Are you using version 3.0.1.0? With that version, I added these lines this.gridControl1.ColWidths[this.gridControl1.ColCount] = 500; this.gridControl1.HScrollPixel = true; this.gridControl1.HorizontalThumbTrack = true; to the \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\GridControlSort. Then I sized the grid so it would be much less than 500 pixels wide. In that sample, I do not see the problem you describe. Do you?

MA manohar March 10, 2005 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Clay, I think now its working as per requirement but when i put the cursor at the end of the cell, scroll bar is moving back. Also can you please suggest any third party spell checker which is compatible with syncfusion grids. Regards, Manohar B.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 08:59 AM UTC

Sorry, I have no experience with 3rd party spellchecker software.

MA manohar March 10, 2005 03:14 PM UTC

Hi Clay, I think now its working as per requirement but when i put the cursor at the end of the cell, scroll bar is moving back. Regards, Manohar B.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 03:29 PM UTC

I know of no work-around for this problem. In the Framework, when you click on a control window (like TextBox that does the editing in a grid cell), this window scrolls so its top-left corner of the control is visible. It is not the grid doing this, but the framework. You can see this by placing a TextBox on a form, and making the textbox much wider than the form. Set the form''s AutoScroll to true to see scrollbars on the form. If you then run the sample, and scroll all the way to the right, when you click into the textbox, the form will scroll so the left edge of the textbox is visible.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon