We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How IsolatedStorage work ?

Hi, Here''s my code: For saving: AppStateSerializer* aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode::IsolatedStorage, S"MenuStateInfo", System::IO::IsolatedStorage::IsolatedStorageScope::Domain); mainFrameBarManager->SaveBarState(aser); aser->PersistNow(); For loading: AppStateSerializer* aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode::IsolatedStorage, S"MenuStateInfo", System::IO::IsolatedStorage::IsolatedStorageScope::Domain); mainFrameBarManager->LoadBarState(aser); After the save, the folder "IsolatedStorage" doesn''t exist... What I''m doing wrong ? Best regards, Martin

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 09:41 PM UTC

Hi Martin Check out the http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemioisolatedstorage.asp This will describe how the IsolatedStorage works. Regards, Thomas >Hi, > >Here''s my code: > >For saving: >AppStateSerializer* aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode::IsolatedStorage, S"MenuStateInfo", System::IO::IsolatedStorage::IsolatedStorageScope::Domain); > mainFrameBarManager->SaveBarState(aser); > aser->PersistNow(); > >For loading: >AppStateSerializer* aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode::IsolatedStorage, S"MenuStateInfo", System::IO::IsolatedStorage::IsolatedStorageScope::Domain); > mainFrameBarManager->LoadBarState(aser); > > >After the save, the folder "IsolatedStorage" doesn''t exist... > >What I''m doing wrong ? > >Best regards, >Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 10:42 PM UTC

Hi Martin, If you''re interested specifically in where Isolated Storage is located on your computer, you can take a look at this MSDN Library entry. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

MB Martin Bonneville March 2, 2005 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, My saving don''t work with IsolatedStorage, I want to know if I''m missing something? Best regards, Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2005 03:42 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Please look at my post on your other Forum thread and let me know if that helps. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

MB Martin Bonneville March 2, 2005 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, The same code work if I save in XML file. But if I try to save in IsolatedStorage... don''t work. I think I miss something. Best regards, Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2005 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Martin, I haven''t experienced this problem. If you take a look at the sample that Guru posted in the other thread, and modify it to use IsolatedStorage, it should work. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2005 08:53 PM UTC

Hi Martin, I see that you post C++ syntax. Are you working with an managed c++ application or in mixed mode(mfc/managed)? Regards, Thomas >Hi Martin, > > I haven''t experienced this problem. If you take a look at the sample that Guru posted in the other thread, and modify it to use IsolatedStorage, it should work. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

MB Martin Bonneville March 2, 2005 10:20 PM UTC

Hi, I use the code that Guru give to me... look at my code... it''s the same but I use IsolatedStorage. Thomas, yes I use managed C++ (only). Best regards, Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2005 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Martin, I''ll get back this weekend, I have to double check this in our environment. Regards, Thomas >Hi, > >I use the code that Guru give to me... look at my code... it''s the same but I use IsolatedStorage. > >Thomas, yes I use managed C++ (only). > >Best regards, >Martin

MB Martin Bonneville March 8, 2005 07:30 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, You find an error n my code ? I found nothing wrong. Best regards, Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Martin, I am unable to provide an explanation as to why Isolated Storage is not working for you. I would recommend trying to use one of the other storage types and seeing if that works. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon