We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ImageURLPath Issues (Frustration)

Hello, I am experiencing problems while working with the web chart control. The application will run on a IIS 6.0 server once deployed. The problem I am experiencing is with the way the chart control references the chart image path once rendered to the browser. When I assign the value of "..//Images" to the ImageURLPath property the application knows to create the temporary image file in the correct location on the web server (and yes the permissions are correctly set because the file is being created on the web server''s disk). However, when you try calling up the page over the internet the image cannot be displayed. This is because if you look at the image properties on the web page you will notice that the page is looking for: "file:///D:/Websites...." This strikes me as unbelievable given the purpose of this control. I hope it''s just a matter of me missing something very simple. Also, exactly what Syncfusion dlls have to be present in the BIN directory for the chart to work ( I want to remove unecessary .dll''s from this directory)? Thanks, Andrew

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 03:01 PM UTC

Can I please have a quick response to this issue, my client is waiting to see the prototype of the application in question. Andrew >Hello, > >I am experiencing problems while working with the web chart control. The application will run on a IIS 6.0 server once deployed. The problem I am experiencing is with the way the chart control references the chart image path once rendered to the browser. > >When I assign the value of "..//Images" to the ImageURLPath property the application knows to create the temporary image file in the correct location on the web server (and yes the permissions are correctly set because the file is being created on the web server''s disk). > >However, when you try calling up the page over the internet the image cannot be displayed. This is because if you look at the image properties on the web page you will notice that the page is looking for: "file:///D:/Websites...." This strikes me as unbelievable given the purpose of this control. I hope it''s just a matter of me missing something very simple. > >Also, exactly what Syncfusion dlls have to be present in the BIN directory for the chart to work ( I want to remove unecessary .dll''s from this directory)? > >Thanks, > >Andrew

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 07:26 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, We regret for the inconvenience caused. I am looking into the problem with the ImageURLPath problem. Could you please try setting the OutputFormat property of the ChartWebControl to be Handler for the time being. Also, the files needed for the ChartWebControl are: Syncfusion.shared.base.dll Syncfusion.shared.windows.dll Syncfusion.shared.web.dll Syncfusion.core.dll Syncfusion.chart.base.dll Syncfusion.chart.windows.dll Syncfusion.chart.web.dll Syncfusion.grouping.base.dll Syncfusion.grouping.web.dll Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 07:37 PM UTC

Thanks for .dll information. I will use the chartweb control with the OutputFormat property set to "Handler", but what entry do I have to make to the web.config file? Thanks, Andrew >Hi Andrew, > >We regret for the inconvenience caused. > >I am looking into the problem with the ImageURLPath problem. Could you please try setting the OutputFormat property of the ChartWebControl to be Handler for the time being. > >Also, the files needed for the ChartWebControl are: > >Syncfusion.shared.base.dll >Syncfusion.shared.windows.dll >Syncfusion.shared.web.dll >Syncfusion.core.dll >Syncfusion.chart.base.dll >Syncfusion.chart.windows.dll >Syncfusion.chart.web.dll >Syncfusion.grouping.base.dll >Syncfusion.grouping.web.dll > >Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, We have been able to identify the problem with the DiskFile outputformat. The image URL was using the mapped path that the file creation routine uses. We have made the necessary changes and it should be available as part of a service pack release due to be released today. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 07:49 PM UTC

Hello Davis, I''m happy to hear the problem has been identified, but I will be over joyed if you can release the service pack by the end of today. I really need to have this functionality by tomorrow morning for a meeting I have with a customer. Thanks, Andrew >Hi Andrew, > >We have been able to identify the problem with the DiskFile outputformat. The image URL was using the mapped path that the file creation routine uses. We have made the necessary changes and it should be available as part of a service pack release due to be released today. > >Regards, > >Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 08:13 PM UTC

It would be appreciated if you could release the service pack to me today, even if it''s not ready for public release. I just need it for this presentation tomorrow. Then I will wait for the official release. Thanks, Andrew >Hello Davis, > >I''m happy to hear the problem has been identified, but I will be over joyed if you can release the service pack by the end of today. I really need to have this functionality by tomorrow morning for a meeting I have with a customer. > >Thanks, > >Andrew > >>Hi Andrew, >> >>We have been able to identify the problem with the DiskFile outputformat. The image URL was using the mapped path that the file creation routine uses. We have made the necessary changes and it should be available as part of a service pack release due to be released today. >> >>Regards, >> >>Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, This is the section you need to add to the web.config file for the Handler OutputFormat. I will surely send you a build before the end of the day with a fix for the DiskFile OutputFormat. Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 09:14 PM UTC

Thanks again, it''s this superb support why I remain a faithful Syncfusion fan/customer. Andrew >Hi Andrew, > >This is the section you need to add to the web.config file for the Handler OutputFormat. > > > > > > >I will surely send you a build before the end of the day with a fix for the DiskFile OutputFormat. > >Thanks, > >Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 11:24 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, Could you please open an incident in Direct-Trac so that I can send you the update? Thanks, Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 11:26 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, Please ignore my previous post. I see that you have submitted an incident for the problem. Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2005 12:05 AM UTC

Are you going to attach the file to the existing incident, or email it to me? Andrew >Hi Andrew, > >Please ignore my previous post. I see that you have submitted an incident for the problem. > >Thanks, > >Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon