We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBox question

I have a grid will a cell that is a "ComboBox" celltype, however I want to prevent the user from dropping the droplist. Essentially the grid is only for display purposes and the user has to double click a row to edit the row in a form. If they can drop the droplist it is confusing for them. Thanks, Sean

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2003 10:14 AM UTC

You can disable dropping down the combobox with the GridStyleInfo.Clickable property. The ShowButtons property lets you also hide the button. Stefan

SG Sean Greer January 30, 2003 04:20 PM UTC

I've attempted to prevent the combobox from dropping by setting the GridStyleInfo.Clickable to false, but this does not seem to have any affect. Here is the code that I'm using: gbc = new GridBoundColumn(); gbc.MappingName = "Role"; gbc.HeaderText = "Role"; gbc.StyleInfo.CellType = "ComboBox"; gbc.StyleInfo.ExclusiveChoiceList = true; gbc.StyleInfo.Clickable = false; gbc.StyleInfo.DisplayMember = "Description"; gbc.StyleInfo.ValueMember = "RoleCode"; gbc.StyleInfo.DataSource = GetRoleCodes(); I'm using version 1.5.1.1 of the grid. Any thoughts? Sean

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2003 07:51 PM UTC

Sorry - my mistake. I wasn't aware that you can still dropdown by clicking inside the cell text or using ALT-Down Arrow. What you can do instead is listen to the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. In your event handler you can set the Cancel property of the EventArgs. Stefamn

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon