We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Performance tip: Override PaneDesc

Here''s a speed enhancement that other users of this forum might find useful: The Syncfusion source code (up to and including 3.0.1.0 at least) is filled with debug-trace statements that expensively evaluate a "PaneDesc" property, then promptly discard it because the trace flag is off. If you don''t plan to turn the trace flag on, you can speed up the grid by overriding PaneDesc: public class MyGridControl : GridControl { public override string PaneDesc { get { return "Whatever"; // Any invariant string } } } This is in the Open Issues list as Defect #43, but I thought I''d point out that there''s an easy workaround. Cheers, Tom

1 Reply

TJ TJ February 28, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

Also, in my application I''ve overrided Update: public override void Update() { } to avoid repainting the grid too often while navigating with the arrow keys. Your mileage may vary... Tom

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon