We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GroupBar Drag Drop question

Hi Austin I''m using the Drag and Drop in the GroupView/GroupBar. When I drop the item over the GroupBarItem part, the GroupViewItem will be removed. Is this a bug or a common functionallity of the GroupBar? How can I figure out that the user drops the GroupViewItem on this part? Regards Thomas PS: I''m unable to attach the screenshot, I''ll send it to the support email address

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2005 10:31 PM UTC

Sorry Gregory, I mistook your first and lastname. >Hi Austin > >I''m using the Drag and Drop in the GroupView/GroupBar. When I drop the item over the GroupBarItem part, the GroupViewItem will be removed. Is this a bug or a common functionallity of the GroupBar? How can I figure out that the user drops the GroupViewItem on this part? > >Regards >Thomas > >PS: I''m unable to attach the screenshot, I''ll send it to the support email address

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2005 11:26 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, I apologize for the delay in responding to you. I''ll take a look at this tomorrow morning. Until then, you can send the screenshot (and any sample you might have) to me at gregorya@syncfusion.com. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, I took a look at the GroupBar Demo and I saw the GroupBar "eat" the items. It appears that the reason this happens is that the GroupBar itself doesn''t handle the DragDrop notification. You can prevent the items from disappearing by handling the appropriate event and causing the main GroupBar control to decline the DragDrop. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2005 05:33 PM UTC

Hi Gregory I''ll do the things in the DragOver event handler of the GroupBar, I''m setting the e.Effect to DragDropEffects.None. The user will see the sign and after a short while, the GroupBarItem is changing. That''s exactly what I need. Thanks, Thomas >Hi Thomas, > > I took a look at the GroupBar Demo and I saw the GroupBar "eat" the items. It appears that the reason this happens is that the GroupBar itself doesn''t handle the DragDrop notification. > > You can prevent the items from disappearing by handling the appropriate event and causing the main GroupBar control to decline the DragDrop. Please let me know if you have any further questions. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon