We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell receives focus

I have made no changes to the functionality of this grid before upgrading to version 3.0.1.1, but now I''m experiencing this problem: My GridDataBoundGrid has a column with a cell type of TextBox and a cellvalue of System.DateTime. I''m also using a format of "h:mm tt" on the column. If this cell is active, but does not have focus, then clicking the submit button of my form will cause the cell to receive focus with the cursor inside the cell. Clicking the submit button again will submit the form. Does this sound familar to anyone? Thanks, Todd

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2005 10:35 PM UTC

Please ignore my post, I''m going to use Direct-Trac. Thank you, Todd

RM Ross Micheals March 28, 2005 02:51 PM UTC

Was this issue ever resolved? I''m having similar issues with cells of CellType="Control" not refreshing properly. >Please ignore my post, I''m going to use Direct-Trac. > >Thank you, >Todd

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2005 03:33 PM UTC

Do you have more than one cell trying to use the same Control celltype? If so, this will not work. You would have to create a different instance of the control for each cell you want to use such a conbtrol. Or, you would have to derive a celltype as in the grid\celltypes\CalendarCells to implement the ability to share controls across several cells. A couple of things that can cause some drawing glitches with COntrol celltypes are: Make sure the control that you are using is parented to something (maybe the grid using grid.Controls.Add). Make sure its Visible property is set to false. It will be made visible by the grid when it puts it over the cell.

RM Ross Micheals March 28, 2005 05:20 PM UTC

Thank you; your advise helps. >Do you have more than one cell trying to use the same Control celltype? If so, this will not work. > >You would have to create a different instance of the control for each cell you want to use such a conbtrol. Or, you would have to derive a celltype as in the grid\celltypes\CalendarCells to implement the ability to share controls across several cells. > >A couple of things that can cause some drawing glitches with COntrol celltypes are: > >Make sure the control that you are using is parented to something (maybe the grid using grid.Controls.Add). > >Make sure its Visible property is set to false. It will be made visible by the grid when it puts it over the cell.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon