We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

License issue opening projects for older versions

Hello, I am currently using 3.1.0.1 BETA. When opening a project for older version of Essential Tools I remove the old references and add the new ones and then ReBuild. I get this error when rebuilding: C:\dev\MDIForms_Docking_Sample\licenses.licx Could not transform licenses file ''licenses.licx'' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'' When opening some other project the developement environment gets strange and keyboard, mouse not working as they should. I was previously using 3.0.1.0 but deleted it after installing 3.1.0.1 Beta, then I reinstalled 3.1.0.1 Beta. How is this solved? Thank you. Best regards, Böðvar

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2005 05:03 PM UTC

Hi, Licenses files are version specific. Every time I load an old project and get that message I do the following: 1) Open licenses.licx 2) Delete everything in the file 3) Recompile That should cause a new, valid licenses.licx to be generated. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2005 11:14 AM UTC

Hi, It compiles after I did what you recommended. But a new, valid licensec.licx file is not generated. I have rebuilded and restarted the dev env. in various ways. I have uninstalled 3.1.0.1 Beta and installed it again. When I run the exe standalone or from the dev env. then the docking manager windows are not visible, it is not working. I had this problem also with 3.0.1.0. When I try a CommandBar sample for version 2.1.0.9 then the the developement environment gets strange and keyboard, mouse not working as they should. I must be able to upgrade older versions because I have to be able to upgrade my production application!! I am already past my deadline. I can only pray. Please help soon. Best regards, Böðvar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2005 02:35 PM UTC

Hi, I apologize, but I left out a step to generate the new licenses.licx file: "Add a ''dummy'' form in your project, and then add some Syncfusion controls onto the form. You could delete the form once the licenses.licx file is regenerated. Also, not all controls need to be added - licensing is done on a per product level, so just one control from each syncfusion assembly that you are using needs to be added." Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2005 04:39 PM UTC

Hi, I have done this and the License.licx file is now generated ok. But I have rebuilt several times and restarted and the problem persists! The problem is when the form is open in design view. If I close the design view of forms that have syncfusion and save, close the dev env. and open it again, then the dev env. is working ok. When I open a design view then the mouse and keyboard are not working as they should. It doesn''t get better until I close the design view save and restart the Visual Stutio dev env. The problem was also like this before the license file fix. For example: I put a button on the dummy form and I cannot move it around after I place it. Can''t move any widget. The dev env is not working as it should, not possible to block text in Code view and auto help is out. #$% I hope that solving this will automatically lead to disappearance of the saving of docking state problem and other issues I have. What can I do? Best regards, Böðvar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2005 04:26 PM UTC

To generate a new license file, I found that I had to delete the Lincese file - not just the contents of the file.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon