We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Various

I have a few display related questions: 1- My detail record cells and summary row cells currently wrap any data that does not fit in the cell width. How can I shut this off and let the data cut off unless the user expands the column? 2- Is there any way for me to adjust the row and column height of the grid (both detail and summary)? 3- I''m grouping my grid by a column which is a combobox (sumCol.Appearance.GroupCaptionSummaryCell.CellType = "ComboBox";). The datasource is a table with an enum and a text value. The text value comes up in the combo box for the detail rows of the grid and when this row is a summary column descriptor in a summary row. But when I group by the column, the enum value in the table comes up on the grid instead. How can I have the text value (the other column in the table) come up instead? Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2005 12:27 AM UTC

Hi Anthony, 1 - you can set groupingControl.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = false; 2 - If you want to adjust height for all items, you can set sizes in TableOptions. See RecordRowHeight and SummaryRowHeight. Or you can let users also resize rows individually as shown in ResizableRows example that ships with 3.0 3 - In 3.0 you could do that very easy with a ForeignKeyReference relation. See the ForeignKeyReference example. with earlier versions you could add a unbound field in which you look up the text value. This unbound field can be hidden (just remove it from VisibleColumns). Even though it is hidden you can the group by that field. See the ShipVia_Company Field in the SummaryInCaption example. Stefan >I have a few display related questions: > >1- My detail record cells and summary row cells currently wrap any data that does not fit in the cell width. How can I shut this off and let the data cut off unless the user expands the column? > >2- Is there any way for me to adjust the row and column height of the grid (both detail and summary)? > >3- I''m grouping my grid by a column which is a combobox (sumCol.Appearance.GroupCaptionSummaryCell.CellType = "ComboBox";). The datasource is a table with an enum and a text value. The text value comes up in the combo box for the detail rows of the grid and when this row is a summary column descriptor in a summary row. But when I group by the column, the enum value in the table comes up on the grid instead. > >How can I have the text value (the other column in the table) come up instead? > >Thanks

AA Anthony Avella March 16, 2005 09:42 PM UTC

In regards to item 2 (setting row height), how do we access the TableOptions you mention? We also tried - this.grid.TableControl.SetRowHeight(0,0, 18); - and it does not work. Thanks >Hi Anthony, > >1 - you can set groupingControl.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = false; > >2 - If you want to adjust height for all items, you can set sizes in TableOptions. See RecordRowHeight and SummaryRowHeight. > >Or you can let users also resize rows individually as shown in ResizableRows example that ships with 3.0 > >3 - In 3.0 you could do that very easy with a ForeignKeyReference relation. See the ForeignKeyReference example. > >with earlier versions you could add a unbound field in which you look up the text value. This unbound field can be hidden (just remove it from VisibleColumns). Even though it is hidden you can the group by that field. See the ShipVia_Company Field in the SummaryInCaption example. > >Stefan > >>I have a few display related questions: >> >>1- My detail record cells and summary row cells currently wrap any data that does not fit in the cell width. How can I shut this off and let the data cut off unless the user expands the column? >> >>2- Is there any way for me to adjust the row and column height of the grid (both detail and summary)? >> >>3- I''m grouping my grid by a column which is a combobox (sumCol.Appearance.GroupCaptionSummaryCell.CellType = "ComboBox";). The datasource is a table with an enum and a text value. The text value comes up in the combo box for the detail rows of the grid and when this row is a summary column descriptor in a summary row. But when I group by the column, the enum value in the table comes up on the grid instead. >> >>How can I have the text value (the other column in the table) come up instead? >> >>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2005 12:35 AM UTC

You can set groupingGrid.TableOptions.RecordRowHeight = 18; Stefan >In regards to item 2 (setting row height), how do we access the TableOptions you mention? > >We also tried - this.grid.TableControl.SetRowHeight(0,0, 18); - and it does not work. > >Thanks > >>Hi Anthony, >> >>1 - you can set groupingControl.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = false; >> >>2 - If you want to adjust height for all items, you can set sizes in TableOptions. See RecordRowHeight and SummaryRowHeight. >> >>Or you can let users also resize rows individually as shown in ResizableRows example that ships with 3.0 >> >>3 - In 3.0 you could do that very easy with a ForeignKeyReference relation. See the ForeignKeyReference example. >> >>with earlier versions you could add a unbound field in which you look up the text value. This unbound field can be hidden (just remove it from VisibleColumns). Even though it is hidden you can the group by that field. See the ShipVia_Company Field in the SummaryInCaption example. >> >>Stefan >> >>>I have a few display related questions: >>> >>>1- My detail record cells and summary row cells currently wrap any data that does not fit in the cell width. How can I shut this off and let the data cut off unless the user expands the column? >>> >>>2- Is there any way for me to adjust the row and column height of the grid (both detail and summary)? >>> >>>3- I''m grouping my grid by a column which is a combobox (sumCol.Appearance.GroupCaptionSummaryCell.CellType = "ComboBox";). The datasource is a table with an enum and a text value. The text value comes up in the combo box for the detail rows of the grid and when this row is a summary column descriptor in a summary row. But when I group by the column, the enum value in the table comes up on the grid instead. >>> >>>How can I have the text value (the other column in the table) come up instead? >>> >>>Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon