We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Debugging

What is the best approach to take to debug any/all Syncfusion components in conjunction with my c# source? I have code that seems to indicate a Syncfusion bug. I would like to debug for example Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools. I am currently linking with all of the release built assemblies, but am having trouble getting my environment setup properly to use a debug built Syncfusion assembly. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2005 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Glena a) You need to have the source code version of Essential Tools installed on your machine. The source code is installed in the src directory (\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Tools.Windows\Src for example). b) Run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite 3.0.1.0->Utilities->Assembly Manager) and choose Debug to build the debug version of the Syncfusion assemblies. The Assembly Manager will put the debug version of the assemblies in the Syncfusion public assemblies folder (usyually C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies) and the GAC. You should now be able to debug into Syncfusion code. You can switch back to the pre-built release version of the assemblies by running the Assembly Manager. Regards Arun

GK Glenna Kamholz February 25, 2005 03:40 PM UTC

Thanks ever so much, Glenna

CH Christian December 1, 2005 08:59 AM UTC

Hi there, I''m trying to debug and locate a Syncfusion related problem in my application with Essential Studio Version 3.3.0.0. I used Assembly Manager as mentioned, an it succeeded. I have a source code version. However, I''m not able to debug into Syncfusion code, or to see the source code for an exception stack trace. Is there an issue with version 3.3.0.0? Regards, Christian

SH Sue Harris December 2, 2005 03:29 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Do you have visual studio 2005 installed? I found that after I installed VS2005 the syncfusion assembly manager used the dotnet 2.0 version so only the dotnet 2.0 assemblies appear to be built and I couldn''t debug into my project which was using the dotnet 1.1 assemblies. Regards, Sue

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 3, 2005 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Christian, It is possible that the build did not succeed. Please remove the gridweb key (if it exists) from Software\Syncfusion\Installed Versions\3.3.3.0\Grid\Components registry and run the assembly manager again. Please let me know if this does not help. Best regards, Daniel >Hi there, > >I''m trying to debug and locate a Syncfusion related problem in my application with Essential Studio Version 3.3.0.0. >I used Assembly Manager as mentioned, an it succeeded. I have a source code version. However, I''m not able to debug into Syncfusion code, or to see the source code for an exception stack trace. >Is there an issue with version 3.3.0.0? > >Regards, >Christian

CH Christian December 5, 2005 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Sue, Hi Daniel, thank you for your answers. I have installed both VS2003 and VS2005 (and therefore .Net 1.1 and 2.0), and I try to debug with VS2003 and .Net 1.1. I already removed the registry key (if you meant this "WebGrid.Grouping.Webbin"-thing, because it caused an error in Assembly Manager. After that, Assembly manager succeeded (at least, I couldn''t notice any error message). However, after running Assembly Manager, I noticed that the folder assemblies/1.1 contains 32 .pdb files, but only 2 .dll files (Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Core.dll). The folder assemblies/2.0 contains 32 .pdb files and 33 .dll files. Is that correct? Regards, Christian

AA Alexander Arlievsky January 5, 2006 12:32 PM UTC

I see the same behaviour - build succeeds,and assemblies are built (I see also a lot of annoying debug trace messages), but I can''t step into, or set breakpoints in syncfusion code.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon