We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion threading

Hi, I am wondering if the grid processing, is executed on a separate thread. Here is why I ask, I am using a grouping grid, and I have added a button to clear the grouping, and when clicked again, re-applys the grouping. What happens is that when the button is clicked, because there is a lot of data in the grid, it can take up to 5 seconds to apply or remove the grouping. I wanted to change the cursor to the hourglass while this is happening, but the code that does this (eg. grouping.clear) executes instantly, so I cannot use this to change the cursor. Is there a way I can monitor when the processing is finished.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2005 12:35 AM UTC

Hi Rich, when you call Clear the change will only recegorize the table once the grid is drawn or when you access records. You can force update of the grid by calling gridGroupingControl.Update. You can display a hour glass anytime before you Clear and Update call and remove it afterwards. There is no other thread involved. Stefan >Hi, >I am wondering if the grid processing, is executed on a separate thread. >Here is why I ask, I am using a grouping grid, and I have added a button to clear the grouping, and when clicked again, re-applys the grouping. > >What happens is that when the button is clicked, because there is a lot of data in the grid, it can take up to 5 seconds to apply or remove the grouping. I wanted to change the cursor to the hourglass while this is happening, but the code that does this (eg. grouping.clear) executes instantly, so I cannot use this to change the cursor. Is there a way I can monitor when the processing is finished.

RI Rich February 24, 2005 04:41 AM UTC

there is an issue here If I have huge amounts of data in the grid, and a few groups, and I do the clear, the code finishes execution well before the grid repaints with the grouping removed. resulting in the waitcursor just flashing up, and then the grid painting sometime later eg. this.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor; gridgrouping.clear(); this.Cursor = Cursors.Default;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2005 09:15 AM UTC

Did you try calling gridGroupingControl.Update as Stefan suggested? I do not see it in the code you listed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon