We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTimePicker and DataBinding

Hi, When using date time picker control with data binding, there is a problem when selecting "none date" and moving to a different control in a form. Since clicking on "None" button or the "Del" key in the keyboard, the label "No date selected" is drawn above the control, when the control is losing focus it overrides the text and set the last date assigned using the data binding. How can avoid this problem? I want "No date is selected" label to remain, event if the control loses focus?! Thanks, Gil K

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2005 10:50 PM UTC

Hi Gil, I have tested for this issue here in our v3.0 release, and the databound DateTimePickerAdv seems to be behaving as expected. When its selected value is set to null using the None button and focus is taken away from it, the value stays null. Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates this. Press the None button and then press the Tab key so that focus gets transferred to the TextBox. Note that the DateTimePickerAdv''s value is still null. Let me know if I have not understood your problem correctly. If so, please modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could further investigate this issue here. Also, let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 02:18 PM UTC

Hi Gil, The test sample is available at this link below : http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/dtp_databinding_sample.zip Let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon