We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

error message

I''m noticing, at times, when I load my grid, I''m not seeing all of the columns I should see. I also notice in the output window of my IDE the following error message: Deactivate called while the current cell was in process of activating or deactivating a cell. Calling CurrentCell.Lock() will prevent this exception. Is this the reason why i''m not seeing all of my columns? If so, when would I call CurrentCell.Lock()? Thanks.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 11:18 PM UTC

It could very well be the reason you are seeing problems. You should set your debugger to break on exceptions. This may point the the place in your code that is triggerring the problem. You can see this problem when the grid is in the middle of moving the current cell to from one location to another, and hits some code that tries to move the currentcell to some other place. You can also see this problem if during the process of moving the current cell, you do something like pop up a dialog window that takes the focus from the grid as it is in the middle of moving the current cell. It is this situation that CurrentCell.Lock plays a role.

AA Anthony Avella February 22, 2005 02:21 PM UTC

The debugger does not come up for this exception. In what event handler would I call the CurrentCell.Lock function? >It could very well be the reason you are seeing problems. > >You should set your debugger to break on exceptions. This may point the the place in your code that is triggerring the problem. > >You can see this problem when the grid is in the middle of moving the current cell to from one location to another, and hits some code that tries to move the currentcell to some other place. > >You can also see this problem if during the process of moving the current cell, you do something like pop up a dialog window that takes the focus from the grid as it is in the middle of moving the current cell. It is this situation that CurrentCell.Lock plays a role.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 02:41 PM UTC

I do not know whether you should actually call Unlock or not. And if you do need to call it, I would not know what event you should use. It all depend on what is triggerring the exception. If you can upload a sample project showing this problem, then maybe I could suggest a solution. If you own the source code, you can use the AssemblyManager to do a debug build of our libraries. Then you could search the Grid.Windows\Src\Base\Control\GridCurrentCell.cs for the two places that this exception is being thrown, and place a stop there to see what is causing this exception and get the callstack. (Noramally, setting the debugger to Break on Exception (using the Debug | Exceptions menu item, clicking Common Language Runtime exptions and then clicking break on exception) would have caught this exception if you run in debug.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon