We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

thicker excel selection border

I have a grid that will be less dense in terms of data. I would like to use excel selection style for moving. I would like use a grab square (usually at the lower right) for growing a selection. I need: 1. A way to make the excel selection frame thicker and thus easier to grab. Bleeding into the surrounding cells is fine (maybe preferred). 2. A way to make the grab square larger. Any ideas? Thanks Matt

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 06:21 PM UTC

I think you can increase the grab square by changing the value of delta in Samples\In Depth\ExcelSelectionMarker\CS\ExcelMarkerMouseController.cs. As far as making a thicker selection border, this not easily done as these values are hard code in our library code. There are no property settings that you can adjust to affect this width.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 06:47 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible for me to take the source of GridPaintExcelLikeSelection.cs and build a custom version? Could I add this to my grid without modifying and rebuilding the library i.e. in my code alone without changing the libraries you provide. -Matt >I think you can increase the grab square by changing the value of delta in Samples\In Depth\ExcelSelectionMarker\CS\ExcelMarkerMouseController.cs. > >As far as making a thicker selection border, this not easily done as these values are hard code in our library code. There are no property settings that you can adjust to affect this width.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 11:13 PM UTC

Yes, you can. Here is a little sample. But I am not sure what other problems you may run into as you try to tweak those numbers. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_ExcelSelection_6ed3c0bc.zip

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team February 23, 2005 06:10 AM UTC

Thanks! It seems to work fine. -Matt

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon