We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XP Menu Merging

I'm confused. I think I understand what the RegisterMdiChildTypes is SUPPOSED to do (ie show the merged menus all of the time). My problem is that I can't seem to get it to work. I ran the sample XPMenus program and it does not seem to work there either. I can see no difference in behaviour if the RegisterMdiChildTypes is present or commented out. Could someone please explain this to me and point me to an example that exhibits this functionality? Blaine

1 Reply

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team January 27, 2003 02:11 PM UTC

Blain, In our XPMenusMDI sample comment out the code in Form_Load that loads 2 child Forms by default. Now if you run the app, you will notice that the toolbars belonging to the 2 child Form types are available (but not visible) for the user to be made visible via the context menu of the toolbar area. In fact, once the user makes it visible, the next time the app is run, they will automatically be visible. Now, if you comment out the RegisterMDIChildTypes method, then you will notice that when you run the app, the toolbars are not available (in the context menu) and in the Customize dialog. Hope this clarifies things. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon