We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboDropDown

Hi, How to disable the timer in ComboDropDown so when mouse clicks fist time not select the Text. Regards

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2005 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, I apologize, but I''m having difficulty understanding your question. Would it be possible for you to attach a sample that demonstrates this for me or provide a more detailed description? Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

ST Stefan Tsalapatis February 18, 2005 07:14 AM UTC

Sorry, It is my bad English. When the mouse first time clicks inside the ComboDropDown''s TextBox, then automatically it selects all the text and sets the caret''s position to the end. If the text''s length is longer than the ComboDropDown textbox length , I can not see the first part of the string. This is the problem I want to solve. Mainly because I use the ComboDropDown Renderer in GridControl Columns. Ofcource I try to override the mouse OnClick and set Text.SelectedStart=0 SelectedLength=0 But it does not work correct every time and I think as I have seen the source, that there is a timer which selects the text again . So I hope, I gave you to understand my problem Regards Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 09:26 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, I''ve looked into this and it appears to be correct behavior, so it''ll be somewhat difficult to bypass. I tried using the Enter event and that didn''t work either. I talked to another Tech Support Engineer and we''re trying to figure out a way to get around this. I''ll let you know if we come up with anything. Regatds, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon