We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding controls to toolbox

I can''t seem to add the grid control to the toolbox unless the shared dll is in the gac. Is there any way around this?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2005 10:49 PM UTC

I checked with our install engineer on this question. Currently, Shared has to be in the GAC. This should change with the 3.1 release (sometime in the next few weeks. I do not know the exact date.)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2005 10:49 PM UTC

Hi Pete Have you tryed to add your folder in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders key? Maybe this will solve your problem. Will the shared dll be located in this directory? Regards Thomas >I can''t seem to add the grid control to the toolbox unless the shared dll is in the gac. Is there any way around this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 15, 2005 05:31 AM UTC

Or this path might be also a possibility: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders At the beginnings of our .NET development, we are using one of these folders and that solves a problem as you describe. Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

The registry key thing doesn''t appear to work, though I''m going to play with it some more. Clay, my boss wants to know why this is the case. Our problem is that we''ve rebuilt the assemblies and have renamed them. We currently deploy all of our control to a development directory for the developers in the company that are using our controls (including the ones based on Syncfusion controls). We do updates constantly and right now, it''s much easier for us if we don''t have to stick stuff in the gac. Pete

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2005 03:48 PM UTC

Hi Pete, This is most likely due to the implementation of the licensing system in place on the controls. In some cases, the assembly resolver does not locate the required assembly for design time use. For versions prior to 3.x, this means that Shared should be in the GAC. For later versions, the Core assembly will need to be in the GAC. For the 3.1 release, this will not be the case. -Trampas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon