We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDI question

Stefan Since you''re the guru, i have a special question : When i update the grid twice per second (only refreshing a few cells) the CPU is consuming 30% How the GDI option affect the result ? I can''t figure why it consumes so much CPU Benje

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 08:31 PM UTC

GDI won''t help much - this is just for getting the final bits of performance out of the grid. Make sure you use the right methods to change data in the grid, e.g. use SetCellInfo instead of Model[row, col].CellValue. One high performance sample is also the RefreshGrid. It replaces the volatile data container with an optimized version that relies less on GC for data where you don''t need thousands of rows. The OneTimeQueryCellInfo might also be of interest if you don''t need QueryCellInfo be called repeatedly. Stefan >Stefan > >Since you''re the guru, i have a special question : >When i update the grid twice per second (only refreshing a few cells) the CPU is consuming 30% > >How the GDI option affect the result ? > >I can''t figure why it consumes so much CPU > >Benje

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon