We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using the Correct Grid?

Here's my scenerio. I need a grid loaded from a DataTable. I also need to be able to set specific cells to cell type Static. I also need to rebuild the combobox selection list on the fly so the user cannot add a new row to the grid and make a selection that would result in a duplication in a specific column. I'm currently using a GridDataBoundGrid and creating a GridBoundColumn for each column in the DataTable. I'm having problems resetting the cell type for a cell and resetting the cell's combobox selection list datasource. Are these types of cell specific changes possible with the GridDataBoundGrid or should I try the GridControl?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 23, 2003 09:04 PM UTC

Hi Ken, try to take a look at the QueryCellInfo event. This lets you specify cell type, combobox data source and other cell settings on the fly. Check out also the CurrentCellValidating event to prevent duplicate values. I thing using GridDataBoundGrid is the right choice. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon