We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RefreshRange

Hi I do: grid.Model[row, col].CellValue = c._value grid.InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (row,col)); But it does not refresh graphically this single cell. If i call grid.beginupdate /End update without parameter, no graphical update if i use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.BeginUpdateOptions.Invalidate option it invalidates all the screen causing a huge CPU usage. As my refresh occur often this is a problem Any idea thanks B. Cliford

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:03 PM UTC

Also what is the difference between RefreshRange and InvalidateRange

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:03 PM UTC

Hi, I tried to reproduce the problem but it seems fine. In GridPad, SampleGrid.cs add the following lines: protected override void OnCurrentCellControlDoubleClick(ControlEventArgs e) { trace = true; int o = 0; for (int n = 2; n < 10; n++) { for (int c = 4; c < 8; c++) { if (o % 2 == 0) { BeginUpdate(BeginUpdateOptions.InvalidateAndScroll); Model[n, c].CellValue = o; EndUpdate(true); } o++; } } trace = false; base.OnCurrentCellControlDoubleClick (e); } bool trace = false; protected override void OnCellDrawn(GridDrawCellEventArgs e) { if (trace) Console.WriteLine("OnCellDrawn: {0} / {1}", e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex); base.OnCellDrawn (e); } You can kick off the test by double-clicking in a cell. If you want to go the InvalidateRange route you could use the following code: GridStyleInfo style = new GridStyleInfo(); style.CellValue = o; Model.SetCellInfo(n, c, style, StyleModifyType.Override, true, true); InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (n, c)); Update(); If you keep having problems that might be specific to your app then. Best is then to upload a sample project that demonstrates the problem. Stefan >Hi > >I do: >grid.Model[row, col].CellValue = c._value >grid.InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (row,col)); > >But it does not refresh graphically this single cell. >If i call grid.beginupdate /End update without parameter, no graphical update >if i use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.BeginUpdateOptions.Invalidate option it invalidates all the screen causing a huge CPU usage. >As my refresh occur often this is a problem >Any idea >thanks >B. Cliford

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:21 PM UTC

I actually use the GrifPerf sample where i update frequently the cells. is it of any importance ? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:30 PM UTC

2 questions : -on the code you gave me i don''t understand why do you have to go through: Model.SetCellInfo(n, c, style, StyleModifyType.Override, true, true); InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (n, c)); Update(); Using directly grid.Model[row+1, col+1].CellValue is not good ? What the update does ? CAn i call it for all my changes ? Thanks -why this method is never called on the gridperf sample :OnDrawCellDisplayText

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 01:30 PM UTC

2 questions : -on the code you gave me i don''t understand why do you have to go through: Model.SetCellInfo(n, c, style, StyleModifyType.Override, true, true); InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (n, c)); Update(); Using directly grid.Model[row+1, col+1].CellValue is not good ? What the update does ? CAn i call it for all my changes ? Thanks -why this method is never called on the gridperf sample :OnDrawCellDisplayText

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 08:34 PM UTC

When you call Model[row, col].CellValue = newValue a lot is happening under the hood. Events are raised, possibly undo generation is created, notification is send out to all view to repaint. SetCellInfo is a more advanced method. It allows suppressing events being sent out. It also gives a faster way for setting the style information directly into a cell. See also the PopulateGrid sample for different method for filling the grid. Stefan >2 questions : >-on the code you gave me i don''t understand why do you have to go through: >Model.SetCellInfo(n, c, style, StyleModifyType.Override, true, true); >InvalidateRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell (n, c)); >Update(); > >Using directly >grid.Model[row+1, col+1].CellValue is not good ? > >What the update does ? CAn i call it for all my changes ? > >Thanks > >-why this method is never called on the gridperf sample :OnDrawCellDisplayText

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2005 09:25 PM UTC

Stefan Excuse me to come back with the same question but it looks like all the grid if invalidated. I actually use the GrifPerf sample where i update frequently the cells. Is the Gridperf could affect the refresh method ? Thanks again

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2005 04:24 PM UTC

Which grid are you using? I made the changes below in the virtual grid code in that sample, and RefreshRange only seems to be triggering drawing the single cell being changed.
private void btnInitGrid_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
	this.useDataTableList = this.checkBoxUseDataViewSort.Checked;
	this.calculateMaxColumnWidth = this.checkBoxCalculateMaximumWidth.Checked;
	this.recordCount = Convert.ToInt32(this.textBoxRecordCount.Text);
	this.zipCount = Convert.ToInt32(this.textBoxZipCount.Text);
	this.useOptimizedListChangedEvent = checkBoxUseOptimizedListChangedEvent.Checked;
	this.InitializeGrid();
	this.grid.DrawCell += new GridDrawCellEventHandler(grid_DrawCell);
	t = new Timer();
	t.Tick += new EventHandler(t_Tick);
	t.Interval = 500;
	t.Start();
}
Timer t;
Random r = new Random();
private void t_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	this.grid[2,2].CellValue = r.Next(100);
	this.grid.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell(2,2));
}
int a = 0;
private void grid_DrawCell(object sender, GridDrawCellEventArgs e)
{
	Console.WriteLine(string.Format("{0}-({1},{2}", a++, e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex));
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon