We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to import MS Excel files in Essential Grid

Hellow. Happy new year. ^^ I found how to export Essential Grid to Excel (using ExcelRW). but I don not know how to import. Let me know how to import excel files in Essential Grid. (Gridcontrol, GridListControl, GridDataBoundGrid ...)

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Gulshan, Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident for ExcelRW regarding this issue so we can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. Thanks, Stefan >Hellow. >Happy new year. ^^ > > >I found how to export Essential Grid to Excel (using ExcelRW). >but I don not know how to import. > >Let me know how to import excel files in Essential Grid. >(Gridcontrol, GridListControl, GridDataBoundGrid ...)

RI Rick March 10, 2005 06:22 PM UTC

Any update on the import from Excel to the Grid? Thanks, Rick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2005 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Rick, The component developemnt has been delayed slightly. However, I have a working sample for importing MS Excel files into Essential Grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/importexcelspreadsheet632434812567944480.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >Any update on the import from Excel to the Grid? > >Thanks, > >Rick

GK Geetha Krishnamurthy April 3, 2006 08:02 PM UTC

So import from excel available with syncfusion, most of the features like freeze, sample give some code, however it doesnt work sometimes you dont even find those attributes listed in the samples... please reply soon. >Hi Gulshan, > >Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. > >In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident for ExcelRW regarding this issue so we can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. > >Thanks, > >Stefan > >>Hellow. >>Happy new year. ^^ >> >> >>I found how to export Essential Grid to Excel (using ExcelRW). >>but I don not know how to import. >> >>Let me know how to import excel files in Essential Grid. >>(Gridcontrol, GridListControl, GridDataBoundGrid ...)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 07:50 AM UTC

Hi gkrish, Please refer to the sample link, which explains how to import/export excel contents to grid using Excel Engine. Kindly provide us more information on your requirement. Sample : ExcelToGrid Best regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Gkrish, The current version of Grid importer only imports the content in the Excel spreadsheet without the styles and other formatting in MS Excel. However we are already working on improving this functionality and the grid importer would support importing with styles and other features in version 4.2 which is expected to be released in 4 weeks time. Please let me know of any specific features in MS Excel that you would like to see imported into the grid so that we can try to include it in the upcoming release. Thanks, Stephen. >So import from excel available with syncfusion, most of the features like freeze, sample give some code, however it doesnt work sometimes you dont even find those attributes listed in the samples... > >please reply soon. > >>Hi Gulshan, >> >>Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. >> >>In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident for ExcelRW regarding this issue so we can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stefan >> >>>Hellow. >>>Happy new year. ^^ >>> >>> >>>I found how to export Essential Grid to Excel (using ExcelRW). >>>but I don not know how to import. >>> >>>Let me know how to import excel files in Essential Grid. >>>(Gridcontrol, GridListControl, GridDataBoundGrid ...)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon