We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disabling Replace Button in Find Dialog

we are using Find/Replace (GridFindReplaceDialog ) dialog that provides user to find text on data bound grid. users want the replace button to be disabled.. how do i achieve this ? Regards Yogi

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 12:53 AM UTC

Does this method in GridFindReplaceDialog help? /// /// Initializes the dialog. /// /// The target for find / replace operations. /// The text to be shown in find text box. /// Specifies if dialog should be shown in find-only or replace mode. public void SetState(IGridFindReplaceDialogSink view, string str, bool bReplace) Stefan >we are using Find/Replace (GridFindReplaceDialog ) dialog that provides user to find text on data bound grid. > >users want the replace button to be disabled.. how do i achieve this ? > >Regards >Yogi

JB John Baker February 11, 2005 06:33 AM UTC

It doesn''t do what he is asking. I need the same functionality he is asking for. We have a grid that is readonly, and the user should not be able to get to the "Replace" state of the dialog. I need a "FindOnly" state where the Replace button is disabled or not there at all. >Does this method in GridFindReplaceDialog help? > > > /// > /// Initializes the dialog. > /// > /// The target for find / replace operations. > /// The text to be shown in find text box. > /// Specifies if dialog should be shown in find-only or replace mode. > public void SetState(IGridFindReplaceDialogSink view, string str, bool bReplace) > > >Stefan > >>we are using Find/Replace (GridFindReplaceDialog ) dialog that provides user to find text on data bound grid. >> >>users want the replace button to be disabled.. how do i achieve this ? >> >>Regards >>Yogi

JB John Baker February 11, 2005 06:34 AM UTC

Let me clarify. When you use the SetState call you provided, it initialized the dialog into a find state, but you can still click the replace button and get it into the replace state. We don''t want to be able to get into this replace state. >It doesn''t do what he is asking. I need the same functionality he is asking for. We have a grid that is readonly, and the user should not be able to get to the "Replace" state of the dialog. I need a "FindOnly" state where the Replace button is disabled or not there at all. > >>Does this method in GridFindReplaceDialog help? >> >> >> /// >> /// Initializes the dialog. >> /// >> /// The target for find / replace operations. >> /// The text to be shown in find text box. >> /// Specifies if dialog should be shown in find-only or replace mode. >> public void SetState(IGridFindReplaceDialogSink view, string str, bool bReplace) >> >> >>Stefan >> >>>we are using Find/Replace (GridFindReplaceDialog ) dialog that provides user to find text on data bound grid. >>> >>>users want the replace button to be disabled.. how do i achieve this ? >>> >>>Regards >>>Yogi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 11:17 AM UTC

Here is a thread that has some code snippets in it. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17481

JB John Baker February 11, 2005 07:43 PM UTC

Thank you Clay. That is exactly what I needed. >Here is a thread that has some code snippets in it. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17481

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon