We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

clearing cells and double click on cell activate current cell beahvior in 3010

We have activatecurrentcell behavior set to doubleclickoncell and you guys just recently fixed something for us with that. we also use currency cells with that behavior. now after going to the new version today if i try to select a range of cells and hit the delete button which in 2051 would of taken me to my clearingcells even and put zeros or whatever in all the cells. now that the double clicking on cell behavior seems to be fixed now when i select a range and hit delete it goes in to active edit mode for the first cell that started your range instead of going to my clearning cells? This isnt how it should we work we dont think and think it should work like it was on 2051. Any ideas?? If you need a sample and cant make it work i can come up with one

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 10, 2005 04:52 PM UTC

I thought a sample might help. Just run this and do a range selection starting by clicking in cell 1,1 and then dragging down in col1 to like row 5. then hit the delete key. in 2050 and how we think it should work this would delete all the cells via the clearing cells event. in 3010 it just takes the first cell in to active edit mode. i know you''ve had problems with this before with copy and pasting a range of cells and it doing the same thing of putting one in active edit mode

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 10, 2005 04:54 PM UTC

I thought a sample might help. Just run this and do a range selection starting by clicking in cell 1,1 and then dragging down in col1 to like row 5. then hit the delete key. in 2050 and how we think it should work this would delete all the cells via the clearing cells event. in 3010 it just takes the first cell in to active edit mode. i know you''ve had problems with this before with copy and pasting a range of cells and it doing the same thing of putting one in active edit mode. ok the attachment button isnt bringing up the window so i will email the sample like i''ve done in the past. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 10, 2005 11:52 PM UTC

Phil, thanks for the sample. We will look into this. Stefan >I thought a sample might help. Just run this and do a range selection starting by clicking in cell 1,1 and then dragging down in col1 to like row 5. then hit the delete key. in 2050 and how we think it should work this would delete all the cells via the clearing cells event. in 3010 it just takes the first cell in to active edit mode. i know you''ve had problems with this before with copy and pasting a range of cells and it doing the same thing of putting one in active edit mode. ok the attachment button isnt bringing up the window so i will email the sample like i''ve done in the past. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 03:11 PM UTC

Phil, we saw the problem in your sample and fixed it in our code base. With this latest code you also have the option then to override the following methods and decide whether "0" or empty value should be set for these cells. Private Sub grdCB_RCPA_ClearingCells(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridClearingCellsEventArgs) Handles grdCB_RCPA.ClearingCells '' Do text based clear by calling style.FormattedText on each cell. e.ClearStyle = False End Sub Private Sub grdCB_RCPA_SaveCellFormattedText(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellTextEventArgs) Handles grdCB_RCPA.SaveCellFormattedText '' Default is to clear out cells - but you can also assign "0" if you want to If (e.Text = "") Then e.Style.CellValue = 0 e.Handled = True End If End Sub Private Sub grdCB_RCPA_CurrentCellDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles grdCB_RCPA.CurrentCellDeleting Dim grid As GridControlBase = sender '' either clear out cell grid.Model(grid.CurrentCell.RowIndex, grid.CurrentCell.ColIndex).CellValue = DBNull.Value '' or assign 0 and switch into edit mode grid.CurrentCell.BeginEdit() grid.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText = "0" e.Cancel = True End Sub Stefan >Phil, > >thanks for the sample. We will look into this. > >Stefan > >>I thought a sample might help. Just run this and do a range selection starting by clicking in cell 1,1 and then dragging down in col1 to like row 5. then hit the delete key. in 2050 and how we think it should work this would delete all the cells via the clearing cells event. in 3010 it just takes the first cell in to active edit mode. i know you''ve had problems with this before with copy and pasting a range of cells and it doing the same thing of putting one in active edit mode. ok the attachment button isnt bringing up the window so i will email the sample like i''ve done in the past. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 04:01 PM UTC

Will this be available in the 3.1 version coming out? The reason we use the clearing cell routines is because we originally used your null value and set it to zero in the editor under the currency option and that worked up until you guys went to like version 2 i think it was and then it stopped working and would blow up all our forms because it wasnt putting a zero in the cellvalue field like it did in the old version. i had a huge direct trac open with jay about it and he said you changed it for mainly for people using data bound grids which we dont and thats how it was going to work from now on and that it basically was never working right when it was working right for us. so we had to change all of our forms to do are zeroing in the clearing cells. thats why we use it if you wondered.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2005 08:21 PM UTC

No default behavior is changed. The event handlers I gave are just alternatives for the ClearingCells you have. Stefan >Will this be available in the 3.1 version coming out? The reason we use the clearing cell routines is because we originally used your null value and set it to zero in the editor under the currency option and that worked up until you guys went to like version 2 i think it was and then it stopped working and would blow up all our forms because it wasnt putting a zero in the cellvalue field like it did in the old version. i had a huge direct trac open with jay about it and he said you changed it for mainly for people using data bound grids which we dont and thats how it was going to work from now on and that it basically was never working right when it was working right for us. so we had to change all of our forms to do are zeroing in the clearing cells. thats why we use it if you wondered.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2005 03:44 PM UTC

will this be in the 3.1 thats suppose to be coming out soon?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2005 04:02 PM UTC

Yes. Changes are checked in. Stefan >will this be in the 3.1 thats suppose to be coming out soon?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon