We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can''t tab to gridcontrol from other control

Hi, I have my gridControl''s Enabled property = False, with some cells Enabled = True (basically making the grid read-only where the user can only go to specific cells). However, I can''t tab to/from other controls (ie, Toolbar, Buttons) to/from the grid. I have to click the enabled cells to ''go'' to the grid. Is there a way tab to/from the grid? Thanks,

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 05:59 PM UTC

It should normally be no problem to tab off the grid and back into it even if you have some cells not enabled. Do you use special settings for GridShowCurrentCellBorder? Try GridShowCurrentCellBorder.GrayWhenLostFocus You also have TabStop = true and you also have a TabIndex set that does not conflict with other controls. Correct? Another thing you could also try is: Handle ProcessDialogKey in your form. Pressing the TAB key will trigger such a dialog event and there you can check the next control in the tab order and if it is a grid you can set the current cell. See also Control.SelectNextControl method. Stefan >Hi, > >I have my gridControl''s Enabled property = False, with some cells Enabled = True (basically making the grid read-only where the user can only go to specific cells). However, I can''t tab to/from other controls (ie, Toolbar, Buttons) to/from the grid. I have to click the enabled cells to ''go'' to the grid. Is there a way tab to/from the grid? > >Thanks, >

TA Tim Aquino February 9, 2005 07:30 PM UTC

Hi, I''ve attached a sample project which shows the odd behavior of ''tabbing'' to/from the grid. Tabbing from button1 to grid does not seem to work. Once the focus is on the grid, I can''t tab to button3. I''ve tried different settings on the WantTabKey, WantEnterKey, WrapCellBehavior, with no luck. Thanks,

TA Tim Aquino February 9, 2005 08:28 PM UTC

Where is my attachment??? I''ve successfully browsed/attached the sample zip file but the link does not appear when I hit the ''Post Message''... Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 09:16 PM UTC

Did you click all three buttons in the dialog (Browse, then Attach, then Done)? Anyway, I was able to locate a file WindowsApplication3_4370.zip on our ftp server and based on the time it was uploaded should be yours. Stefan >Where is my attachment??? I''ve successfully browsed/attached the sample zip file but the link does not appear when I hit the ''Post Message''... > >Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 09:38 PM UTC

Attached find a modified version of your sample with WantTabKey = false and overriden ProcessCmdKey method. WindowsApplication3_7230.zip Stefan >Did you click all three buttons in the dialog (Browse, then Attach, then Done)? > >Anyway, I was able to locate a file WindowsApplication3_4370.zip on our ftp server and based on the time it was uploaded should be yours. > >Stefan > >>Where is my attachment??? I''ve successfully browsed/attached the sample zip file but the link does not appear when I hit the ''Post Message''... >> >>Thanks,

SR Someswara Rao K October 17, 2008 01:34 PM UTC

I need same solution. I clicked URL. I am unable to download that file. Please help me,,,

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team October 20, 2008 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Rao,

Please try linking

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/Uploads/WindowsApplication3_7230.zip

Let me know if you got it.

Regards,
Nisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon