We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drop down cells

I have a grid for which I''ve created several drop-down controls to use, based around your DropDownControlCellModel example. The problem I have is that I want to use components on the drop-down that themselves have a drop-down component (notably your own DateTimePickerAdv control). When this drop-down is activated, the grid drop-down closes. I can of course stop this from happening by using a DropDownFormCellModel and having the drop-down modal. However, I''d ideally like to have the drop-down close when the user clicks away from it rather than having to explicitly close the form with a button. Any ideas?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 03:56 PM UTC

Mike, if you intend to use a dropdown in the Grid''s cells, then you should use a special GridDropDownContainer instead of the regular PopupControlContainer. The attached C# sample project shows you how this is done. Please look for "SF Comments" in source code. Sample C# project: http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/tools/Files/GridInDropDown.zip Stefan >I have a grid for which I''ve created several drop-down controls to use, based around your DropDownControlCellModel example. > >The problem I have is that I want to use components on the drop-down that themselves have a drop-down component (notably your own DateTimePickerAdv control). When this drop-down is activated, the grid drop-down closes. > >I can of course stop this from happening by using a DropDownFormCellModel and having the drop-down modal. However, I''d ideally like to have the drop-down close when the user clicks away from it rather than having to explicitly close the form with a button. > >Any ideas?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon