We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to read an excel file using C# program

Hi Clay Can you please suggest me how can i read the excel file using a c# program. I tried converting it to a xml documnet and then parse it but may be you can suggets a better way. Thanks Gulshan

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2005 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Gulshan, Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident regarding this issue so that I can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Clay > >Can you please suggest me how can i read the excel file using a c# program. > > >I tried converting it to a xml documnet and then parse it but may be you can suggets a better way. > >Thanks >Gulshan >

RI Rick May 8, 2005 10:15 PM UTC

Any news on the importer/exporter? Thanks, Rick >Hi Gulshan, > >Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. > >In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident regarding this issue so that I can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Hi Clay >> >>Can you please suggest me how can i read the excel file using a c# program. >> >> >>I tried converting it to a xml documnet and then parse it but may be you can suggets a better way. >> >>Thanks >>Gulshan >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 9, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

Hi Rick, I am afraid this feature is not ready yet. There was some unexpected delay in implementing features that were scheduled before the importer/exported component. I have contacted the development team for updated estimate and will let you know within a day or two. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Stephen. >Any news on the importer/exporter? > >Thanks, > >Rick > >>Hi Gulshan, >> >>Currently we are working on an exporter component that would handle Exporting/Importing Excel spreadsheets From/To the Essential Grid. It would be available in 2-3 weeks time. >> >>In the meantime,Could you please open a Direc-Trac incident regarding this issue so that I can provide a working sample for reading an Excel file. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Hi Clay >>> >>>Can you please suggest me how can i read the excel file using a c# program. >>> >>> >>>I tried converting it to a xml documnet and then parse it but may be you can suggets a better way. >>> >>>Thanks >>>Gulshan >>>

RI Rick May 12, 2005 08:44 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. Rick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon