We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Image helptext or tooltip for TreeNodeAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

24543 Feb 7,2005 09:28 AM UTC Feb 8,2005 11:35 AM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Guillem
Asked On February 7, 2005 09:28 AM UTC

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to set a helptext or tooltip for images on a TreeNodeAdv. For instance, I would like to display an image on the right side of a node and when I leave my mouse on this image (not the text), display a tooltip-style text. Since there is only an imagelist associated to the TreeViewAdv, I suspect it is not possible. Is there any workaround ? Thanks, Guillem

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 7, 2005 10:29 PM UTC

Hi Guillem, Unfortunately, we only support HelpText/Tooltips for the text portion of the node. However, it is possible to use Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ToolTipAdv along with the MouseHover event to implement your own tooltips. I have created a sample that demonstrates this. It uses the PointToNode method to find the node that the mouse is hovering over. Please note that this sample displays the tooltip over the text and the image. In order to limit the tooltip to the image you would need to implement custom detection based on the node size, node state, etc. I hope this helps and please let me know if you require any more assistance with this issue. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

Guillem
Replied On February 8, 2005 11:35 AM UTC

Thank you for your help. That was exactly what I was looking for.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;