We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Image helptext or tooltip for TreeNodeAdv

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to set a helptext or tooltip for images on a TreeNodeAdv. For instance, I would like to display an image on the right side of a node and when I leave my mouse on this image (not the text), display a tooltip-style text. Since there is only an imagelist associated to the TreeViewAdv, I suspect it is not possible. Is there any workaround ? Thanks, Guillem

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 7, 2005 10:29 PM UTC

Hi Guillem, Unfortunately, we only support HelpText/Tooltips for the text portion of the node. However, it is possible to use Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ToolTipAdv along with the MouseHover event to implement your own tooltips. I have created a sample that demonstrates this. It uses the PointToNode method to find the node that the mouse is hovering over. Please note that this sample displays the tooltip over the text and the image. In order to limit the tooltip to the image you would need to implement custom detection based on the node size, node state, etc. I hope this helps and please let me know if you require any more assistance with this issue. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

GU Guillem February 8, 2005 11:35 AM UTC

Thank you for your help. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon