We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tab Key in Grid Cell

Hi All, How can I prevent the Tab key from entering a tab into the cell text of an unbound grid cell? What I''m seeing is that if I enter data into a normal text cell in an unbound grid, and then I shift-tab and tab across the populated cell, the populated cell wipes the current contents of the cell and replaces it with a Tab character. I can then hit the Esc key and recover the original data, but I''m sure this is not the way it should be working. Also no events that are being trapped are being fired during this ''rogue'' population of the cell. Thanks for any help. Felix

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2005 09:36 PM UTC

Felix, This is a bug in our codebase and we''ll have that corrected in the next build. Stefan >Hi All, > >How can I prevent the Tab key from entering a tab into the cell text of an unbound grid cell? > >What I''m seeing is that if I enter data into a normal text cell in an unbound grid, and then I shift-tab and tab across the populated cell, the populated cell wipes the current contents of the cell and replaces it with a Tab character. I can then hit the Esc key and recover the original data, but I''m sure this is not the way it should be working. Also no events that are being trapped are being fired during this ''rogue'' population of the cell. > >Thanks for any help. >Felix

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon